Purpose of policy
Tony Rawson Photography may collect personal information from you in a number of ways. We may collect personal information directly from you or in the course of our dealings with you, for example when you:
- subscribe to receive newsletter and alerts, and filling in forms, applications, surveys or research, participating in promotions and competitions on the Websites or websites of our service providers;
- contact us or our service providers for any reason including, but not limited to, reporting a problem with the Websites, requesting further services or seeking our assistance;
- post or contribute material on our Websites or social networking pages;
- use our services and any credit provided by us in connection with those services
- provide personal information to us;
- apply for a position of employment with us;
- use our websites or services (including via cookies); and
- contact and correspond with us
We may also collect personal information about you from publicly available sources of information, or in some cases, from third parties including recruitment agencies and previous employers.
The personal information we collect about you may include (but may not be limited to) your name, gender, date and place of birth, contact details, occupation and education/work history, employer and information relating to your dealings with Tony Rawson Photography and our clients.
We do not collect sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”), such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records or health information.
The purposes for which we collect your information may include but is not limited to:
- verifying your identity;
- contacting you (including via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner);
- Developing and improving our services and obtaining feedback.
If we are not able to collect personal information about you we may not be able to provide you with products, services and assistance to the extent that they require us to collect, use or disclose personal information.
We may also collect information about you including, but not limited to, data relating to your activities on our Websites (including IP addresses) via tracking technologies such as cookies and measurement software or data relating to survey responses.
You acknowledge that the personal information we collect from you is your own information or information which you have been authorised to provide to us.
Cookies, applications, widgets and links to other websites
This includes using the information to report statistics, analyse trends, administer our services, diagnose problems and target and improve the quality of our products and services. We may allow other third parties to use their own cookies to collect information about your visits to our Websites.
We may combine our cookies, information collected through the cookies and analytics software on our Websites with other information (including information collected by third parties using their own cookies) to provide better or more relevant services and advertising to you on our Websites. Our service providers and other third parties may do the same in order to provide more relevant services and advertising to you through other websites that you may visit.
We also provide links to websites outside of our Websites, as well as to third-party websites.
We may also allow some third parties to display widgets and applications on our Websites that allow you to interact and share content including social media buttons such as Facebook share and like, Twitter, Pinterest and Google Plus.
These services allow us and our partners to inform, optimise and serve advertising based on past use of our website by the user. This activity is performed by tracking Usage Data and by using Cookies, information that is transferred to the partners that manage the remarketing and behavioral targeting activity.
- AdRoll (Semantic Sugar, Inc.)
- AdWords Remarketing (Google)
- Remarketing through Google Analytics for Display Advertising (Google)
As you browse http://tonyrawsonphotography.com.au, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with http://tonyrawsonphotography.com.au. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number.
You can visit this page (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) to opt out of AdRoll and their partners’ targeted advertising.
Tony Rawson Photography may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. We will also use and disclose your personal information for a secondary purpose that is related to a purpose for which we collected it, where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information for that secondary purpose.
Other instances when we may use and disclose your personal information include:
- where you have expressly or impliedly consented to the use or disclosure;
- in confidence, to our advisers;
- in confidence, to third-parties to improve our services and obtain feedback; and
- where the use or disclosure is authorised or required by or under an Australian law or court/tribunal order.
- ensuring content from the Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- providing a better or more relevant service or product to you, for instance by automatically populating forms on our Websites when you make enquiries of selected estate agents;
- combining your personal information with information that we have collected from our service providers, third parties, cookies or web beacons in order to provide you with a better or more relevant and personalised experience and to improve the quality of our services;
- personalising and customising your services, experience, advertising and content that you view and engage with on our Websites or the websites of our service providers and business partners.
- responding to or provide you with service, products, information and assistance that you request from us;
- contacting you to conduct surveys, research and feedback about our products, services or our Websites;
- verifying your identity when you register or log into our Websites via your SNS account and remind you of your password and username;
- allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- helping carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- assessing your application for credit as a business in connection with our services;
- by disclosing the information to debt collection agencies to recover any amounts you owe us; and
- notifying you about changes to our products and services.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- sharing your personal information amongst other Tony Rawson Photography group entities;
- sharing your personal information with our advisors and consultants; and
- with third-party service providers we use in conducting our business, subject to confidentiality provisions as we deem appropriate (including, without limitation, insurance brokers, banks, document production, outsourcing providers, billing or data storage services, virus scanning and other technology services providers, and archival services providers).
- use your personal information to provide you with information about offers, promotions, goods or services, which we believe may be of interest to you; and
- share your information with our service providers and other third parties so that they can provide you with products or services on our behalf or help us to provide you with the requested products or services including contacting you in relation to the products or services.
- relevant public, government or regulatory authorities, our legal representatives or other concerned parties, in special situations where we have reason to believe that disclosing your personal information is necessary to help identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities; and
- where we are otherwise authorised or required by law to do so.
Some of the third parties to whom we disclose your personal information may be located outside Australia.
For example, we may disclose personal information to external national or overseas facilities in the course of conducting information and data processing or for the purposes of obtaining other services from third parties.
The countries in which these third parties are located will depend on the circumstances. However, in the course of our ordinary business operations we occasionally work with third parties located in the following countries:
- the United States of America;
- the United Kingdom; and
We may contact you via email, SMS or other means in order to provide you with updated information about the Websites, in relation to events or to provide you with other information about our services or those of our customers. If you do not wish to receive any such information, please contact us as set out below.
- The information we keep about you
You have a right to request access to or correction of your personal information held by us. If you wish to access, correct or update any personal information we may hold about you, please contact us as set out below. However, we may charge for providing access to this information and we may refuse access where the Act allows us to do so.
- Complaints process
We will take any privacy complaint seriously. We will aim to resolve any such complaint in a timely and efficient manner, and our target response time is 30 days. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with relevant information we may require.
We expect our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if you remain dissatisfied, you can also make a formal complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (which is the regulator responsible for privacy in Australia):
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Complaints must be made in writing.
1300 363 992
Director of Compliance
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
- Storage and security of your personal information
Tony Rawson Photography strives to ensure the security, integrity of any personal information we collect. We will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold about you secure. However, except to the extent liability cannot be excluded due to the operation of statute, Tony Rawson Photography excludes all liability (including in negligence) for the consequences of any unauthorised access to your personal information. Please notify us immediately if you become aware of any breach of security.
We may store your files in hard copy or electronically in our ordinary IT systems. These may include Australian-based cloud servers or the servers of third parties within Australia.
We implement a range of physical and electronic security measures to protect the personal information that we hold, including:
- mandatory password protection on all computers (users are required to change their passwords at regular intervals);
- firewall and antivirus/malware software; and
- systems and application access controls implemented to restrict access to information (on a need to know basis).
Our employees, contractors, agents and service providers who provide services related to our information systems, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
We review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Please direct any privacy issues or queries to Tony Rawson Photography on 0412 433 733 or at email@example.com. We will consider your query and endeavour to respond to you promptly.